Friday, August 03, 2007

CoCoist from Downunder

Looks like the Downunder gang is all here now, so jump in and give 'em a big welcome. We've got Briza, Bob, and RicoJack joining the CoCo Hut to bring you heaps of CoCo Goodness with an Aussie flavor. As I'm pretty sure everyone reading this knows, these are the talented gents that had CoCo Downunder with it's great blog posts, file selection and CoCo docs. Welcome aboard!

I'm fiddling now and trying to secure file space on the Club LTD Studios server for file hosting. At the very least I'd like to get FTP running so there's a place for all the CoCo stuff these guys have amassed.

With luck, a few more esteemed CoCoists will be joining us soon as well. Stay tuned!

In additional Hut news: The message board IS working fine, it's secured and everyone is welcome to post in there. Remember that you MUST email me at captcpu@clubltdstudios or coco@clubltdstudios.com to get access. This is terribly unfortunate, but it's also the only way to beat the spammers that attack the board on a daily basis. You can see the effect by looking at the user list, which is packed with bad usernames and inactive accounts. Until I can find time to upgrade the phpBB software, though, there's no easy way to weed those out. They're harmless, just don't click on any links in the user profiles. ;)

I also updated the review for Roy Justus' RGB-toVGA converter and have completed the moving around and reorg of the website at coco.clubltdstudios.com. The new PC should allow me more time to update the site a little more frequently, as well.

Happy CoCoing!

Angel's Luck,
Capt.

PS Bob mentioned Vcc, a new CoCo 3 emulator for Windows. The link has been added to the Linkage section on the right. Go get it. Now. :P

Discuss this entry and its comments in The CoCo Hut Message Board!

3 comments:

Briza said...

Hi Cris.

Thanks for letting us(The old gang from Cocodownunder). Do the CocoDownunder topics on your website.
Word of Warning tho. Expect to see your server space start going pretty low. Hope your server can hack the load it will create.
With the Cocodownunder crew doing topics in here. It will surely make your website popular to the masses.

laters

Briza

Briza said...

I forgot to Mention. That Cocodownunder was a joint Australian & Canadian effort.
RicoJack is the resident Canadian. Who better to have inner circle Knowledge of Canadian Coco Software producers then a fellow Canadian.
I think thats what made CocoDownunder so popular. You have countless Coco websites By the American cocousers But not many from Australia or Canada. We thought we needed to level the playing field abit and add a bit of Aussie and Canadian flavour to the mix.

laters

Briza

Captain Computer said...

Heh.. no worries. I currently use about .7% of the capacity I pay for (go figure). More traffic just means a better value for the money. ;)

I didn't know Rico was Canadian! Excellent! I'm also hoping to get someone from the UK to join up. News and articles about the Dragon/CoCo scene in Europe would be cool. Someone from South America would be great, too. From what I understand, the Prologica has a strong following still.

The CoCo is very much an international machine, so the CoCo Hut should be likewise! Heck, I like my Korean built CoCo 2s so much I went out and bought a Korean car. :)

Angel's Luck,
Capt.