Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scored a few...

Well, I scored a couple Rainbow's last week from seller mkandrac36. I got Dec 1985, Jan 1988 and May 1988. Still waiting on them to arrive; should be early next week.

Not CoCo related, but, I scored a Tandy 1000 SX box at a flea market last weekend also. I figured it could be a really nice repack project. Took it home, cleaned it up and figured, what the hell... I plugged it's composite out into my 25" tv, hooked up a power cord and I was greeted by a message at the top of the screen that said 'System Memory 384k', the floppies did their seek and the machine went to a 'No operating system found' message. I couldn't believe the thing worked. So now I'm debating whether I want to part out the motherboard (the 5 1/4" & 3.5" are staying regardless) or try to restore it. I was looking on eVilBay yesterday and the hard drive cards this thing took were nowhere to be found (not a surprise). I've got a few ISA HDD controllers, but, I think they are all MFM or RLL and I know those drive are hard to come by and when you do, more often than not, they gave up the ghost long ago. Oh well, I have time to figure it out...

Oh yeah... I paid $5 for it...

Later,

mccm

No comments: