Monday, January 16, 2006

Site: Price Guide and January CoCo Collector

http://coco.clubltdstudios.com

I've posted the January issue of The Color Computer Collector. It's a bit different. Back to the regularly scheduled CoCo stuff in February. :) Also updated is the CoCo Price Guide. I've added the rarity ratings, though please, please, please keep in mind that these are pretty loose at the moment for many items. Some are pretty accurate (program paks, for example), of course. This is about 6 months worth of data, though I figure the ideal would be at least two years' worth.

I also added a bunch of "0" items, stuff that has not been observed selling "in the wild" for many moons. I'm really enjoying adding these items to the list and watching it grow. It is absolutely amazing the sheer amount of 3rd party software that was available for the TRS-80 Color Computer. The stuff that has been added so far is mainly based out of advertisements in the 1982 and 1983 editions of CCN (Color Computer News) and I'm not done reviewing 1983! That means I've still got 10 years or so of stuff to add! Pretty cool. :D

Anyhow, some things from the early days that collectors (and sellers!) should be on the look out for include those wicked early hardware projects like "The Solution" from Frank Hogg Laboratory and the exatron "Thing" (AKA the Color Computer Interface, or CCI) that added 32K of RAM, a 2K monitor, and a disk interface (for Model I drives!) via the pak slot. Neato. I also got some early FHL OS-9 Level 1 and FLEX programs added to the list. Extrememly rare stuff.

If anyone actually owns any of this early 82/83 stuff, I'd love to hear more about it and maybe get a few photos for the site. :)

Very soon my lengthy historical review of CoCo products will enter the Golden Age of the TRS-80 Color Computer, which I label the three year period between 1983-1986. Arguably, of course. ;) But this is when there were four gossy mags devoted to the CoCo, hundreds of hardware and software items available, the dawn of the CoCo 2 and the MC-10, CCN went glossy, and the Rainbow ran hundreds of pages in length. Heady times, for the little Radio Shack box that could and that Tandy nearly canned. Should be fun.

Angel's Luck,
Cris
captcpu@clubtldstudios.com

Angel's Luck,
Cris

No comments: