Sunday, August 06, 2006

News: Lonnie Falk Passes Away

Late mourning here. I hadn't heard the news for most of July, but must say it was a shock to learn a few days ago that Lonnie had passed away on June 30th of a massive heart attack after minor galbladder surgery. And yes, I'll use the familar there, because he, and his publication, were such a close part of my life as a teenager. So, I've been trying to figure out what to write here in the blog, because I suppose something should be written here. Perhaps some fond memories of plowing through issue after issue of Rainbow, or typing in listings endlessly in front of the green screen, or drooling over the ads, and on and on. But I honestly can't think of anything that would say enough. Perhaps just a "thank you" will do.

If anyone else would like to post a few words, please feel free. All comments will be approved, as always.

Angel's Luck,
Capt.

1 comment:

Keith Ainsley said...

sorry to hear Lonnie passed. Like you I remember the Rainbow magazine and the fun I had with my coco in the 80's. RIP!